Thread: Nivida cards
View Single Post
Old 05-20-18, 09:15 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Optimal FPS settings can depend on 100s of things, I whish you good luck in searching and tweaking...

Important is that you don't run other CPU-demanding processes and chose the right scaling options for your card which are: Fullscreen + 'scaling with Desktop' which I do on my rig for best results with SH5 (other games differ!), but obviously this may differ on your system showing other results.

Also with only 2GB VRAM (if your settings are maxed out, I don't know), your card doesn't have huge memory to allow you to run many background processes without influencing your game performance badly, and sorry, with that card you shouldn't hope getting your fps sky-rocket...

Then, the FPS number doesn't have any absolute value, saying that 15 FPS can be very good for some games while being a breaker in other games (all other settings being equal), so it largely depends on the game coding. In my case I did not look once at my fps in SH5, it just runs fluidly and that's enough for me (NVidia GTX-960, 4GB VRAM), I don't bother to see that number.
However with any decent card you should get at least 30 FPS I would say, but this is NOT constant through the game, some scenes may drop 50% and more.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-20-18 at 09:40 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote