View Single Post
Old 09-24-10, 02:38 AM   #97
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Kursk

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM you visited Kursk???Interesting. Official Soviet Hagiography has turned this battle or rather series of battle in a Soviet victory and many publications describe it as a German defeat.It was more or less the opposite.The Germans indeed stopped the offensive( Hitler 's decision based on the Invasion of Sicily) but the Soviet manpower losses 750 000 KIA,Wded,MIA were 5 times those of the Germans 157 000 KIA,Wded,MIA
In terms of armour it was 7 times!!! Strategically it was a German failure because they abandoned before completing their objectives.But in terms of sheer losses it was a clear Soviet defeat.

As for the Elefant according to Thomas Jentz, the number one expert of the German-Soviet War, no Elefant was lost to Soviet fire.One broke down after hitting a mine and about 15 were disabled because of mechanical failure.The captured Elefants you see in the FSU states are simply captured vehicles.Despite Communist propaganda they were never able to destroy one! Don't beleiev too much what you see in the Eastern Europe.Thanks to propaganda, fiction has become history until it is accepted as facts.

You're right about the Panther.It says Panther G in single mission menu but when you open it it's only the T34/7r with new camo.However you can go into the mission editor and chnage the tank to the one of your liking.I am going to do that for some of the single and campaign missions.

I tried the new mission with the T34/85 and it's refreshing.Nothing really challenging but at least it's not the same old stock missions recycled with a simple change of tanks!The KV2 missions seem to have changed too

The Tiger epack even enabled last does not work for me!I'll try to re-install it perhaps it might work again

One thing I have noticed my fps have dropped with SP 1.5 beta compared with the unoff icial and even morew with SP 1.4????

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote