View Single Post
Old 03-04-17, 11:17 AM   #138
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
My fingers are crossed that it goes smoothly and comes out soon!...

[...]

Chant: Hellcat hellcat hellcat... sorry, can't help myself.
If Hellcat must be, Hellcat will be. You conuldn't be more explicit.
By the way, 3DPack got a nice Bearcat model too. Pity that the plane didn't enter service in time for WWII... or rather my luck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Very nice Wildcat there gap, and bomb too! great stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Wonderful ! Just don't find a better word !
Thank you guys, you are too kind
You might have noticed that my texturing work is slightly inaccurate though, in having roundels on both upper and under wings. In reality, mid-war US aircraft had roundels only on the left upper wing and right under wing. Unfortunately model's UV map uses the same texture for both wings, but I will mask the redundant roundels with some plain-colored faces that I will add to the model as equipments.

Quote:
Are the different parts (wings, propeller ...) independent, so we could make them destroyable ?
So far propeller, windshield, wing roots, outer wings, ailerons, left and right undercarriage, horizontal stabilizers, elevators and rudder, are separate objects. I wonder if I should also do the whole tail section detachable from the rest of the fuselage

Quote:
Did you also create these textures :
All the paint schemes described in this article will be featured.
I use Wings Palette for getting high quality drawings of the camoufflages listed in the webpage above, that I base my paint work on (though not always illustrators get colors accurate).

Quote:
Yes, I would be very pleased, since I plan to release also a bomb library with the mod !
I will send you an update when I get all the British A/S bombs ready. This mod will need quite a lot of testing and fine-tuning to get damage values and radii, fall speeds, etc. fairly realistic. Some work on Splash/explosion effects will be required too. I think I will leave that part to you...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote