View Single Post
Old 03-03-17, 07:40 PM   #137
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Sorry Kendras. I had family problems actually (all is fine now). My bad for not answering your calls before.
No problem. The important thing is that you're still there to help with your great talent !

Quote:
Summing up: I have created some new USN/USMC paint schemes for the upcoming new model of the Wildcat. The one portrayed below is the so called "Atlantic Scheme II" (there was a three-colour "Atlantic Scheme I" too, but it was rarely used):

Wonderful ! Just don't find a better word !

Are the different parts (wings, propeller ...) independent, so we could make them destroyable ?

Quote:
I got bored with my paint job eventually, and in preparation of the upcoming British paint schemes
Did you also create these textures :

Quote:
Found a website with summary information on the main FAA Squadrons with aircraft flown and carriers that they were assigned to month by month.
This data, crossed with detailed service histories of Commonwealth's carriers, available on naval-history.net, is more than it would be needed to simulate realistic WWII carrier movements with their aircraft equipment changing over the conflict duration. Naval-history in particular is a goldmine of precious information. Its service history section is so complete, that even number or aircraft embarked, daily sorties, bomb loadouts, aircraft lost in action, etc. are recorded for each carrier, often with side notes on the usage and effectiveness of aircraft and various ordnance types at different stages of the war.
Good find !

Quote:
While digging the web for historical information, I found that the early carrier-borne dive bomber used by the FAA, the Blackburn Skua, is absent for game. I looked the web for a free 3D model of it, but I couldn't find any, and I decided to model it myself. It is still too early for a preview of it, but I can say is coming along nicely, the main problem being the lack of good pictures and drawings of it. I realized that World of Warplanes has a decent model of it though, so I had to play the game shortly untill I was given the aircraft, for me to look around it more closely in the hangar
Another airplane ? Great news !

Quote:
While looking again the web for information on the bombs most commonly carried by the Skua, I found unclassified US information on US, British, French and Italian WWII airborne ordnance, including bombs and depth charges (not rockets and air torpedoes unfortunately). Detailed drawings and information on sizes, type and weight of explosive charges, detonations mechanisms, etc. are provided
SH games are pretty basic when it comes to air bombs they represent, and information on them is pretty sparse on the web, so I was so happy when I found those documents that I had to start modelling some British ordnance. For a start, I focused on the various marks of the AS series (anti-submarine) 100, 250, 500 and 600-lb British bombs. Have you ever heard about them before? It is surprising how few information on them is available on the web, though they were widely used by the British during both World Wars. For what I learned, they were a compromise between an HE bomb and a depth charge. They could explode immediately on contact (with target's plate or with the water surface), after a delay variable from 0.5 to 2 seconds or, when fitted with an hydrostatic pistol, at a fixed depth of 5.5, 7, or 9.1 m depending on bomb's weight. Apparently, early marks of the 100-lb bomb were totally inneffective against the reinforced hull of WWII submarines, but later marks, especially of the 250, 500 and 600 lb bombs, were quite an effective deterrant against surfaced U-boats. As an example, here is my rendition of the AS 100 lb Mk IV bomb in post-42 dark bronze green color (until late '42, the standard colour for British HE bombs was buff yellow):

What do you think? If you are interested into having those bombs, I can send them your way as I finish modelling them
Yes, I would be very pleased, since I plan to release also a bomb library with the mod !

Quote:
Hellcat's model from pack-3d is on my HD and definitely adding it to the game is in my to-do list