View Single Post
Old 03-27-10, 08:52 AM   #64
perisher
Frogman

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruster View Post
we need the most realistic sim possible. whether thats a uber SH5 or SH10, as long as we get it.
for me personally, modern stuff is too techno driven, WW2 atlantic/med is the best era.
I would trade off any amount of eye-candy walk about the boat and chat to the crew graphics for more realistic submarine control. I would like to run my electric motors on the surface if I want to be very quiet or go backwards. (Real u-boat diesels could not run astern.) I would like to have some control over my trim, especially the use of negative buoyancy tanks. I would like more realistic deck guns.

Above all I would like more realistic charts, especially of coastal waters, showing the depth. 20th Century navies had reasonably accurate charts of the whole world. Raids on harbours were carefully planned taking water depth into consideration. I also want a calendar with sunrise/sunset, moon phase and moonrise/set.