View Single Post
Old 04-08-14, 05:26 PM   #41
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
can't wait to see it getting at its final look !
please, save the TDC with the serial number ''1'' for me , John
Cheers Manos, its almost there - have the remainder needles heading my direction. These will replace my homebuilt needles with 3d printed versions.
Then I need to design proper rotating handles for the gauge inputs.
Will most likely go the 3d printed route for them too.

Serial numbers..... hummmm you just gave me an idea. I might do something like that but instead give out unique Uboat numbers so first would be U-1
Like here: http://www.uboat.net/boats/listing.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddley3 View Post
Somewhere in these forums is a thread (pictures included) where a guy remodeled a room in his house to look like the inside of a uboat. Your homemade device would be perfect for that room.

EDIT
I found it somewhere else...
http://www.u-69.net/habitacio.html
Hehe that would be cool, and now totally possible. Will have to measure up my room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeck View Post
Hi Reaper

Can you give more details about how this interface to the box works?
What interface do you use?
How did you fix it so it works with SH3?
What language was used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I'd think a lot of foul language for awhile.
You hit it on the head, a lot of foul language indeed was used

@McBeck, I will release more detail when I'm at a stage to release.
I've put 2 years into this so don't want to give out the trade secrets just yet.

What I can say is that I will be releasing a piece of software that communicates in/out via serial to the hardware (TDC) that will be run via the user as an exe file that sits in the tray doing all the talking between SH3 and the TDC.

The Hardware I'm currently doing up the Final Board design for both the Main TDC Board and the Boards for each of the Gauges.
The Prototype that is seen in the video is done using Electronic Development Boards and circuits on Bread Boards.
So those circuits will be condensed down to new separate functional Boards that will be produced out of house in a PCB fabrication - I will then be SMD mounting the components and finishing of the boards and testing before sending out.

I am contemplating leaving the software open of the electronic boards for those interested in reprogramming the software on the TDC side of the system.
My working version will be installed and supplied, but for those coders out there that would like to improve the functions etc it may be of interest.

For those interested and still believe this was an aprils fools joke.
Please check out these early videos that I only showed a select few in private during development.
I have made these public now on my personal youtube channel

this video even shows some of the gauge boards that were prototyped.

And a Screenshot from my youtube Analytics screen showing upload date:

Publish date is today as I had to publish it to make it public to view.

Last edited by reaper7; 04-08-14 at 06:13 PM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote