View Single Post
Old 11-13-16, 12:34 PM   #9
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akotalaya View Post
well there would be smuggling missions, high risk missions..stuff like that to keep you on your toes, there would be combat, you would basically be given a boat and told to go make a name for yourself, ive always had a soft spot for steam ships but thats the one thing i never see get done, i mean hey how cool would it be to maintain a steam ship in the rough atlanic while avoiding pirates in the early 1900's? thats what would keep you on your toes, it also wouldent just be a small area either, it would have to be a large portion of the world, hundreds of ports..be a tramp steamer doing quick runs, hey when the time comes, wouldent it be cool to eventually sail along side ships such as the britannic and the olympic, the lusitania and even the carpathia? maybe spot another famous ship of the era? would be nice, getting in at the end of the age of sail, working through th ebeginning of the steamship era and eventually working into oil fired ships..right now its just an idea, but it would be something along the lines of a simulator i think..but there would be stuff to keep you on your toes like i said, it could even have on ship emergencies, something small such as food poisoning to something as large as a fire, or a breach in the hull, maybe even an engine failure...the plan would be to bring something new to the seas and not something thats been done

In other words, randomly generated situations,emergencies, system failures and things like that. Theberbster says that a modded SH5 comes close to what you describe. Check out the forums for the same mods he uses or better yet, talk with him.

All The things you describe sounds good and they are great Ideas. This is where Innovation starts. If a good program can be started, written and coded that can take advantage of multiple core systems, chances are good we may all see something like you described.

Neal himself is probably thinking along the same lines with the project he is working on. It sounds promising as well.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote