View Single Post
Old 02-11-12, 04:47 AM   #554
Esanssi
Sailor man

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Hello all, and let me start off with saying that I'm so glad I found this thread.

Bought SH3 from Steam yesterday and installed GWX. Followed all the instructions and whatnot so hopefully when I get the chance later on to test it it'll work withouth a hitch.

I'm sure I'll be consulting this thread veeeery often in the future, haha.

Edit #1
: Well, apparently it was rather naive of me to think it would work "out of the box". First of all the game crashes every time I quit the game in the main menu. That's really no problem since I was quitting the game anyway. The real problem came when I tried to do some of the naval academy missions so I'd get to grips with the controls etc.

I'd done the navigation tutorial before, so I skipped that and went straight for the artillery one. Attacked the first merchant ship, managed to get like 5 shots off and then the game CTD.

I'm running SH3 off Steam(I'm assuming it's 1.4b because GWX works), GWX 3.0 Gold modded on top of that and the Das Boot Sound Mod on top of that.
Although I'm not hearing much das bootiness in the sounds because everyone still speaks english.. All installed through JSGME in the Mods folder(no double folders), so by all logic, they SHOULD be working. Gonna try disabling DBSM from JSGME and giving 'vanilla' GWX a try.

Last edited by Esanssi; 02-11-12 at 05:51 AM.
Esanssi is offline   Reply With Quote