Thread: Windows 7?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-10, 08:13 PM   #59
U-95
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Here's my trouble with SH4 (and SH3, to avoid to open a new post). I've taken it from the Ubi's support forum where I posted it and haven't obtained replies except suggesting to reinstall DirectX9:

I installed both SH3 and SH4 in my computer (specs below). At first, they ran fine and with no trouble, even after adding to SH3 the GWX Gold expansion.
I didn't played them very much (lack of time), and just a few minutes ago, when I decided to play SH3 the game simply put does not start; both intro videos load, but the loading screen does not appear. I tried uninstalling SH3 and reinstalling it -without GWX-, but you can just hear music; nothing can be seen on screen.
I tried SH4 -it's unmodded, and has not installed the U-Boat Missions expansion-, and the same thing occurs; just music and nothing on screen (but the game seems to be working). Also, attempting to unistall it -to reinstall- gives this error message:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070003
Error Information:
>SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (841)
PAPP:Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific
PVENDOR:Ubisoft (http://www.Ubisoft.com)
PGUID:0D005F09-A5F4-473B-A901-5735C6AF5628
$12.0.0.49985
@Windows (6000) BT_OTHER 0.0

A friend suggested me to swap windows (alt+tab), that worked for him with other games; for me, that does not work -at least, for SH3; in fact; after closing it with the left button on the taskbar, I get the message "Silent Hunter III ceased to work", or something alike.

What recently I've installed in my computer (and I can remind of) are Windows updates, Opera & Chrome navigators, the software&drivers for a HP scanner, and the StarOffice suite, stuff I doubt will be the cause of it.
Other games I own that I've tested (Battlestations Pacific and Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir) work properly.
Trying to reinstall DirectX9 as suggested on Ubi forums does not work.

Data on my system:

Computer: Toshiba Satellite A500-18Q.
Processor: Core2Duo P7450 @ 2.13 GHz.
RAM: 4 Gigabytes.
Graphic card: Nvidia GForce GT230M.
DirectX version:11.
U-95 is offline   Reply With Quote