View Single Post
Old 03-19-18, 12:47 PM   #5831
Jagdfalke
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Your circumstances would help Jagdfalke. Did you have a know potential contact nearby, or a convoy, or what? Warship or merchant, date, location, and most important of all - which boat are you on? The "S" boats have to be submerged in order for the sonar to work early in the war. Need more details, please.

As it currently stands in the v0.63 of the mod, there are certain situations where if a player goes to the sonar station and turns the heads, he'll not pick up a ship unless it is going fast enough. This situation applies in a lot of the mods, not just FotRSU. That has been worked on and is improved. However, are you using the mouse wheel to "aim" the sonar head to listen? Do you see the little light turn "green" at all? That signifies a sound contact (unless of course, your heads are pointing between 178 & 182 degrees, and then you're hearing your own boat. In all cases, the sonarman should be able to hear as well as his "qualifications" allow him to (his "skill" at his job)...

Ok, i trie to explain with my poor english

If i start in Midway mid 1943 in a Balao Class, i see a green light between 178 & 182 degrees and hear the own Sound.

But i canīt hear the Fishing Boat or other ships in the Harbour, if i aim with the sonar on them. If i activate the "contact on map" i see a grey line on the map, but donīt hear the target and see no green light.

Then i tried to hunt ships at the marshall Islands, some ships i can hear on the sonar, but many cargo ships not

I will try the next tour with map contacts on and test.

I played with a fresh sh4 1.5 and copy the 0.63 mod files in. Do i need the 0.62 files before
Jagdfalke is offline   Reply With Quote