View Single Post
Old 03-23-08, 04:30 PM   #70
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf
Best thread on the subject so far. I've always enjoyed subs and played SH3 into oblivion. Then looked forward to SH IV and the Pacific.

Granted, I didn't like SHIV at first, most for the interface, distance to immersion compared to SHIII and game bugs. Took all the fun out of it at first. But by now it is a pretty playable game with tons of potential.
I liked the subject matter and sailing an american sub was highly interesting, though a bit boring in the long as things actually became easier over time. I never ment that to piss of the Pacific folks, but because that was my honest impression. And japanese ASW was a joke compared to the threats mastered before. Nevertheless, it was fun, a whole new atmosphere and great joy.

Till the U boat missions were announced. First I was really looking forward to it, but then I felt the hate. Pacific drivers, instead of beeing happy for the u boat crowds and the potential of a truly global game, which also includes lots of US Atlantic action potential, got all hostile and passive agressive all of a sudden. U boat disses whereever you looked. A huge dissapointment right there.

Phrases like "The irony, is that many of the "daring do" exploits people like to do in their virtual uboats, actually occured in the pacific and not the atlantic." makes me shake my head. These ppl obviously grew up in a world of propaganda, where their own ppl were daring heroes on dangerous missions, while the enemy was a grey dull mass of brainless order executers. A grave lack of education in these regards.

That came and still comes as a great dissapointment and actually gave me a pretty "anti" stance towards the Pacific and their followers. Which is a shame really.

So this thread may help in that. I intended to open a thread just for the purpose of clearing things up anyways. And I am more then willing to bet that some of those hostile pacific fans only started acting this way because they got burned themselves by some atlantic morons. So it's not a one sided thing.
You forgot your GWX banner at the bottom of your sig.

You should have seen the 'dissing' from the SH3 community when SH4 came along. So much for helping a brother out.

What goes around comes around...