Lord_FLB
Seaman

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
Looks great... but what happened to Latemail's new GUI?
I kinda changed my mind Actually at first I wanted the torpedo controls on the general layout because the UZO view was too small and I fired my torps from the deck view. But now with OLC's new version it's way easier to steer the boat from the large UZO view when attacking so the torp controls became redundant.
For the panel position, I liked the previous one but when switching to the navmap or damage screen it got too much in the way.
Anyway even if the 2 GUI seem to have nothing common, Latemail's work helped me a lot to understand how things work in menu.ini and how to add/keep some features, all that a lot faster than before (I made a first attempt 2 weeks ago, it took me 3 days to have a crappy gui that didn't work right...).
Ahoi Mikhayl,

I really agree with you... the gui of OLC has all we need, to steer the boat and fire torpedos in one time - and it's not necessary to change stations. But I think the chronometer of the U-Jagd tool is not needed for an attack with the s-boat ? We don't have the full tool, because we don't need the Attack Periscope. Maybe the stock notepad will be enough - there we're having all datas we're needing to attack a ship: Type of Ship and distance! The normal Stop-Watch in combination with the notepad will be enough ! The rest of the OLC Gui is great! What do you think Mikhayl ?

Edit: @Mikhayl: If there is still help needed to bring the great S-Boat Mod forward - Maybe you need help to modify the messages in campaign data, the menu.cfg etc. and change them for S-Boat Commanding?

Last edited by Lord_FLB; 03-22-08 at 03:20 PM.
Lord_FLB is offline   Reply With Quote