View Single Post
Old 12-15-17, 04:10 PM   #5571
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
... I'm happy that you volunteered for that yyzBegonia, my ethernal gratitude goes for you An applause for this man please
Amen brother! Everybody loves a volunteer, especially Uncle Sam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post
It's my pleasure to help you fantastic team! However I'm limited in PS skills or something like that, I may try my best to make some samples if you want, or if you think my samples are too crude I could try my best to give you suggestions such as accurate texts of t those characters, if you guys have plans to rework those skins in the future
If you can supply the lettering, we'll apply what Jeff suggests below, or if nothing else, copy and paste to what we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post
Hi folks I'm back again!
Another report of a big-mistake (I hope you guys won't beat me for my chattering)
The Hatsuharu-class' model is wrong.
This is what we have in game:

It's correct, in some way. Because it is what they looks like when they just been built in 1933!

However it was reported that the hull was lack of stability and all Hatsuharu-class DDs were sent to reconstruct urgently
That's what they looks like after 1934:

Since our campaign begins from 1941, it is impossible to encounter a Hatsuharu in 1933's hull.
Fortunately after reconstruction they looks just like Shiratsuyu-class (Shiratsuyu-class was actually developed from the 7th ship of Hatsuharu-class!), so it's quite easy to fix this problem: just copy the model of Shiratsuyu-class and rename it as Hatsuharu and it will be fine! Perhaps the only thing needs to do is change the characters painted on the side, and that's what I may help!
Notice the date of that ONI file, of 1943... ?? Here's the infamous and totally unreliable wikipedia version of 1934:

Oh my gosh! Lettering on the side!!! Now, what it looks like to me (uned-juh-mah-cated in the ways of 3D), is that the ship doesn't lose it's upper-forward gun turret (M04) until 1944, so the RecMan is accurate for the game, just not real life... We'll see what happens with that. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
There is a way to add nearly anything you want to anything that uses a eqp file.

Add a placement node on the part then create the stuff to be placed.
For the side lettering? I have an example nearly ready to send to you all.
Took me 15 minutes to do the 3D work and that was really slow cause I went outside to stand and have a smoke break.
So yes.
I was outstanding!

Using an Alpha channel the only thing that will show in game is the lettering or whatever we want to show.

Now this will need to be tested to see what happens when you hit that area and damages appear. Does it show the damage or does it over lay it?
I will be more than happy to volunteer for testing that Jeff.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote