View Single Post
Old 11-24-17, 08:14 AM   #9
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Default Veddy Intellesting...

Well, I found something rather interesting in Stock, and if it hadn't been for silent5hunter journeying to Jayapura, New Guinea, I would never have noticed this. This is the "lock box" copy of my game, used for re-installs, and everything is locked "Read Only" and un-modded. I thought I'd make me a SingleMission file with it, do a quick experiment and see if I couldn't record the audio and post it here for someone to interpret. As part of the fun, I thought I'd do me some screen captures and "document" it for posteriority ()... So I did me a Google Maps picture of the area, and then went to match that in the Mission Editor:

Looks normal. So I zoom in to place my sub:

Now, you have to be fully zoomed in, since this is the lowest res that the line shows, but notice what is in the info bar at the bottom of the ME window, and the Latitude displayed (the mouse cursor doesn't show on a screen capture). It's as close to 2 degrees as I could get it, and is on top of that line... interesting, eh?

So when I zoom in on the line further, check this out:

Does anyone else have a "clean" Stock they can look at and confirm? I haven't started to really build the mission yet, but I'm wondering if that's the dot-dash source? Is this why it doesn't "translate" for silent5hunter? If you've ever encountered the "pillar", as aanker calls it, in some of the mods that have terrain edits, you can encounter noises. My guess is that 2 degrees is on the border of a map zone, and there was an edit in that area of some sort... More later.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote