View Single Post
Old 02-23-18, 10:34 AM   #33
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

If I had one request, which, I suppose, could be done through mods, it would be the addition of a "Hollywood mode" for the game, to use the really great visuals for guilty pleasure between a few realistic campaigns. Maybe some tweaked values to make dodging torpedoes more spectacular, having torpedoes exploding dramatically near the submarine after being dodged, that kind of thing.

Now, don't get me wrong, I DO enjoy the effort made in the game, and playing it smart and slow is definitely rewarding when you take out an entire Soviet SAG with your old submarine by pushing their carrier into the torpedo kept below the layer, undetected before it's too late. But some of the fondest memories are also when I run like a madman towards a Victor III, two torpedoes hot on my ass and pull a Red October on it, cheering as the two fishes lock on their own shooter allowing my sub to walk away with a huge explosion at my back.

Crimson Tide is silly, and some of the stuff showed in other movies are silly too, but I doubt I am alone in having this small voice telling me that it could be awesome to recreate some of the scenes.

The other thing I would really love would be some more relief, maybe procedurally-generated, to have the kind of canyons like Red Route 1 for a high-risk high-reward gameplay, though I already imagine that it would be hell to implement, particularly with relation to AI behaviour.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote