View Single Post
Old 04-08-17, 11:03 AM   #4450
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Understand. Historically, I thought SV radar was available in early 45? Anyways I forget which files control that? For personal use I'd prefer to get the SD radar back, have it as an option anyway. Main reason being SV it also picks up surface targets and can not be turned off, even when click the off switch.
That "On/Off Switch" is only for the SJ Radar surface search (either the one as a Command Button along the bottom of the screen; or the toggle switch on the PPI/A-Scope units).....it never has worked for the SD air search radar.

Regarding turning off the SD, that's being worked on. It, along with the SJ will be able to be turned off/on at the discretion of the player. I'm also eliminating the visual detection capabilities from your crew when at Radar Depth. They aren't on the bridge, nor is the periscope raised (that's when your Watch Officer reports a detection), I'll be removing that capability. They will be able to report as expected when either the crew is on the bridge, or the periscope is up, without you the player using it. But, not at other times.

As far as the "offer" for the "SD Improved", I can put it into the in-port Weapons and Sensors page for the remainder of the war. I think I'll move the SV back to the later part of 1944 and make sure it only picks up air contacts.

One other thing I'm working on is getting the ST Periscope Radar to work as expected. The unit never has worked correctly when the Observation Scope is raised......it doesn't cause the SJ Radar Stations (the PPI or A-Scope) to turn on and work. With what I've been successful with regarding the SD turning On/Off, I think I can have the ST work as expected too.

=================

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait
[Regarding the twin 40mm AA gun] I am currently up to October 1943, and prefer to move linearly through the career to maximize the testing experience. When I get up to the mid-1944 range and can get the twin 40's (probably next week, at one patrol per day) I'll test it immediately and let you know.

In v0.53 I also got a second deck gun late in the war. That caused a CTD for sure. I'll test that again too.
I think you'll find them to work as expected.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote