View Single Post
Old 04-07-17, 08:00 AM   #4444
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

@Moonlight = Keep away from the birds... they bite, as you know... They really should have their "superman" status turned down a pinch also, but we haven't gotten to that yet. I could see them "holing" your boat every once in a while, doing some near-miss damage quite often, but to but a bomb down your conn hatch every drop is just an unbelievable accomplishment... - of course, you could always look at it from the other perspective... we're just ~that~ good at driving our boats, that we can get them into the path of a dropped object that often... I mean, it takes a LOT of twisting and turning, speeding up and slowing down, to do that...
Thought you might be interested to hear that on a patrol to the Marshalls in late 1943 my Balao, equipped with two single-barrel 40mm AA guns, shot down four attacking Bettys with minimal bursts. They came at us about four hours apart, one at a time, and were seemingly easy kills! One thing I did was to load them with the high explosive rounds for increased range. I still observed the bursts at about 1300 yards per the AA ammo, but three of the planes went down beyond that range, one with just 3 rounds out of the forward gun! Pretty damn good shooting. I gave my gunners Commendation medals for it. Playing at "Realistic" level, 75% Realism, cheating only with auto-targeting, map updates, and external camera.

Is anyone looking at the twin 40's and the CTD issue? Or is that just my issue?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote