View Single Post
Old 01-03-11, 10:46 PM   #806
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@Tessa, WH4K: If the patcher doesn't like your sh3.exe, you don't have the correct non-starforce version of sh3 which is required. You can get it for some bucks and it's worth the money.

If you want to change from starforce-sh3 into non-starforce-sh3, it's not sufficient to only change sh3.exe. You also need to change some dll's (see earlier posts in this thread).
The patch worked fine for me using that exe I posted. It's from a non-starforce, DD from Ubisoft that was already patched to 1.4. I did install GWX, in retrospect I should have just left it as the vanilla, though installing GWX can take awhile on older machines.

The version I have is a very rare one, Ubisoft only had direct sales available for a few months before they switched to the current system. It's a real shame I can't re-distribute it to those who have bought a legit copy and are having problems with installs (usually due to Windows 7), mine has no starforce and no need to add any additional patches to get it working with any of the supermods. This version has never suffered any of the install/compatibilty problems that many others experience. When I began playing initially was using the cd; eventually the cd became unusable. At that time it was only $10 from Ubisoft and bought it directly from them. I've never had any problems getting it working, once I installed it onto a different machine (in order to get the unmodified sh3.exe) added GWX applying this mod only took a few seconds and was ready to go.

Its been awhile since I've been able to use dual monitors. When my main large one died I've been left only with my laptop or 32" lcd TV. I do recally from when I was using dual monitors with games that the behaviour as annoying and unpredictable. I spent awhile trying to figure out why the heck the game was opening on the 2nd monitor, then trying to alt tab out would ctd the game. Ultimately when I wanted to play a game I unplugged the 2nd monitor. I'm fresh out of ideas, aside from unplugging the 2nd one and changing the display settings to use 1 monitor I'm not sure what more to suggest.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote