View Single Post
Old 03-17-11, 03:47 PM   #111
Frontier359
Sailor man

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Not all PCs are created equal. My mod list is more of a guide than a guarantee of stability.

I would suggest several things:

1) Remove any non-essential mods, one at a time. This will pinpoint the specific mod(s) causing your CTD.

2) Make sure you're making these mod changes while in port. The game doesn't like when you swap out mods mid-patrol.

3) FN_NewInterior is a resource-demanding mod. It is mostly eye-candy, so turning it off will improve stability/performance.

3) Try removing 'Mid-Patrol Radio Orders'. I've had this mod enabled for quite a while but haven't discovered what it actually does. I would have removed it by now but I'm just being lazy.

5) Thomsen's Sound Pack comes in three parts: 3 , 3.1 , and 3.2 . The first is the main mod, while the decimals are minor additions. You need all three for it to work correctly (unless you've already combined them manually for convenience).

6) I think I'm using an older version of TMT+ThomsensShips. I'm not sure what 'Xtra Ships' does, but you could try looking for and installing version 4.2.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. Suggestions 1 and 2 will likely do you the most good. It's all 'trial and error'; took me months to iron-out my own mod list. And even if you are forced to deactivate something, trust me, you'll still have a great SH3 experience.

Good luck.

Let's Play SILENT HUNTER 3
Frontier359 is offline   Reply With Quote