View Single Post
Old 12-02-06, 01:37 PM   #21
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

We really appreciate your feedback – thanks a lot!!

Believe me when I say I am taking your concerns to heart and radio messaging / tasking is not nor will it ever be a 300 page novel received from a floating wire or antenna or ELF messaging.

We share the same concerns and since this is intentionally for multiplayer, as well as single player capable, I rather keep tasking / intel updates brief and to the point minus all the extra fluff. For a couple of reasons: It provides just enough information you need to get the job done and less writing on my part.

I don’t know if anyone of you have been following that thread, Tales of Danwat, but basically I posted an A.A.R. of the akula there. I’ve had previous experiences in the akula where I failed to intercept the 688, or even when I intercepted and destroyed the 688, I managed to make it within a few hundred yards of securing general quarters over distance and high speeds - I was somewhat in a hurry. Getting there however involved dodging torpedoes and buoys to the best of my ability until it finally caught up with me. I also owe the author of the thread an A.A.R. of the 688, basically the flip side of the akula’s perspective. I’ll post that one when I reach a stopping point in editing.

Check it out here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101338

Also be aware that ROE is in effect on this map and conditions are provided in mission tasking for all controllable platforms at time of spawn and not in briefing when you are selecting platforms.

We’ve also decided that ROE will be apart of a new standard for more maps to come from us, as well as some other features we think are key to the experience. So in that regard, if ROE is violated intentionally or unintentionally it will result in mission incomplete for both sides.
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote