View Single Post
Old 09-25-05, 06:53 AM   #19
Amizaur
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

SM-2 works on different doctrine, Maverick uses missile doctrine, SM-2 guided doctrine. In doctrine difference is that guided doctrine is terminal homing from the start, when missile doctrine handles launch, enable, target search, lock on and then starts terminal home.
But I'm also not sure how the target is handled to the missile working on guided doctrine, I guess similar that for Maverick but didn't check this yet.
This would mean that SM-2 launched at submerging contact should be able to kill it just like Maveric can, if it can't then maybe it's because of different very low trajectory - SM-2 hits the water loooong from the sub, when Maverick almost directly over the sub.
Is it possible to launch SM-2 at submerged target redesignated as surface ? If not, then I have to check why, maybe it needs pre-lock or it's because of something hardcoded in FFG interface that prevents this.
Hmm SM-2 don't have prelock flag enabled.. wonder how this actually works in DW :hmm: how you can pre-lock a missile. Some king of modding documentation other than brief description of doctrine language would be very helpfull :P
BTW are there any problems with SM-2 ? I'm not aware of any...

edit: seems you can't launch SM-2 at submerged contact, I guess in the interface is coded that you need to get STIR lock first.
Amizaur is offline   Reply With Quote