View Single Post
Old 11-06-09, 08:15 AM   #1518
Zonke
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Hi!
Quite new to SH4, have been playing TMO for a while in this configuration (no other mods):
1.) TriggerMaru_Overhaul_17
2.) BETA_TMO_17_to_18
3.) Beta18_Patch1_Ver8_UPC
4.) Beta18_Patch2_ver4_GfxSnd
5.) Beta18_Patch3_SubSkins
6.) Beta18_Patch4_Ver4_Dats
Plus the metric nomograph and old environments from the support dir

Will give some general feedback (note that I hardly played the stock game, only a few hours..):

First and foremost, the mod is absolutely awesome!! Many thx for providing it for us!!

I've been playing in early years with the S-18 (and abit with the Porpoise) in the Asiatic and Asiatic div.2:

One thing I noticed is that it's very easy to raid some ports and get huge tonnage (Hue-Lien, Davao, two others on Formosa I can't remember the names of..). I don't know what's historical but it seamed way too easy I thinks...
On the other hand I later tryed to raid Surabaya Java after it was captured, but could'nt find a way past a destroyer patroling the bay so I had to back off.

I changed the airstrike.cfg a little to personal preference making it slightly easier on me (since I know how hard it is to hit a sub in IL-2 ).
Otherwise I think the enemy provides a good but reasonable chalenge.

All GUI changes are very nice me thinks, only graphical thing I did'nt like was whatever the "old environments bit from the support dir" changed back regarding the water color.. :P

I was about to post about discrepencies in the rec manual and mast heights but then I read somewhere that the red/orange mark on the ships is the height reference.. Correct?

That's it for now, will be trying out TMO18x with RSRDC v500 for a while now I thinks..

And again, thank you very much for this great mod!! Without it, SH4 would have been a short experience for me..

ps. I can confirm that I would'nt have bought the U-boat expansion if it were'nt for your mod. I'd say Ubisoft should give you a copy or two of SH5 as gesture of good will (and good marketing)
Zonke is offline   Reply With Quote