View Single Post
Old 08-29-16, 12:41 PM   #32
Feldpost
Watch

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
...I wonder if VR players will adapt to motion sickness the way real sailors learn to adapt to real sea sickness... wouldn't that be interesting?
Interessting point

Never played with VR yet (motion sickness) but got some experience in smaller boats (sea sickness)... i think both are similar since in both cases the problem is that the sense of balance doesn't match to the visuals you get...

On boats, as long you have moderate sea and 'static' visuals like the horizone there are no problems with sea sickness (so, if you get someone who becomes seasick on a sailboat in moderate sea-> let take him the rudder control on deck ASAP)

If you go under deck to grab some food and lose that 'visual' fix points, (similar to read a book as car passenger, some people get sick fast).

There should be an option accessible like (one for 'outside' and another for inside sub)
* Slider: fix view to ship <=vs.=> fix view to horizone (this should be always accessible in a 'pause'-menu)

lol, that could also be used as a skill for a possible single-campaign mode: "seafarer-legs" - Getting seasick fast and hard to hit the controls in beginning

I like the idea with the teleport system using a light beam, a nice matching flashlamp (red under 'red-light ' conditions)
Feldpost is offline   Reply With Quote