View Single Post
Old 09-08-14, 12:47 PM   #11
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
IF you have the funds available, I highly recommend an upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. I also ran Vista during beta and saw similar performance issues. Not to say an OS upgrade is a cure all for speed, but Vista doesn't handle multi-tasking as well as WIn7.

Also playing the Wargasm scenario. It's a bit of a draw on my system too, though have found grouping my B-52's as opposed to single ships all flying to the same release point a bit easier. Then, ungroup them to send to various targets. On a side note, it's a bit un-balanced on the number of missiles the Russians have versus the 92nd. I won't tell you how many, but it's a tough scenario to win and haven't beaten it yet, after 4 attempts.

Good luck with it and let me know your outcome. I'm curious if you can beat it or at least not loose many of your city markers.
preemptive strike! use your ICBMs to target every Missile base you can and send so many B52's to wards those base that are nearest.

1. Mark every ICBM you have press shift+F1. Use your mouse to mark almost every red target and find as many Missile base you can. attach one ICBM to each missile base.(prior 1. engage those who's farthest away)

Right after you have done this you shall

2. Send as a start all you tankers away in a group of 5 in each from the same base where you have your B-52's

3. Let your tankers get a few hours flight(They do not have the same speed) before your send same number of
B-52's in group of 5 and a group of 6(the tankers at the airbase in Alaska should take care of these.

4. After you have refueled your B'52's in the air you send your tanker plane back to a new base(except the 6 tanker plane who already have that airbase)

5. Now you give your different groups of B-52 new orders and way point to follow.

6. Start to bomb airbases and naval bases a.s.o

7 . On return the tanker plane should be ready to get airborne so they are in the path of the B-52's on their way back to base.(so they can get refueled)

The proposal above is something I'm going to try next time I play Wargasm, so far I have played it about 4-5 times and lost every time.

Every time I have always waited for Russia to make the first move.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote