Thread: Trying NYGM
View Single Post
Old 02-04-19, 03:41 PM   #5
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 0
Default NYGM

I've been playing SHIII off and on for several years. I just loaded it up again a few months ago. Usually I use Magui (Widescreen) over GWX and can set it up the way I like. Not so much with NYGM. Somewhat more complicated than the other Super Mods I've tried. Some of the patches that come with NYGM can be a little difficult to understand and load correctly. It took me 3 attempts to get it to work right after I did the patches, which I opted out after my 3rd re-install. It's working now. There is a lot of things in NYGM I really like, however, for some reason I cannot get the other GUI items to load. Not sure why. In NYGM, I cannot get the data to formulate distance for example. The watch Officer will give me bearing, but not distance. Kinda need that to plot a course for torpedo attack.

Don't get me wrong...I like NYGM (especially widescreen), it's just not really for me. I still have it loaded and will give it a chance for awhile. One good thing I did try and may do again is, load Magui over NYGM. I can have the best of 2 worlds sort of speak.

I hear WAC is outstanding, but alas, my vid card would get a hernia. I'll likely need to upgrade for that.

comet61 is offline   Reply With Quote