View Single Post
Old 03-05-12, 07:01 AM   #42
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle94 View Post
I have managed to make working Dual Purpose guns. The solution was actually so simple I did`t find it until recently.

please enlighten me and peabody......almost feel sad posting these now no hard feelings i hope

PS.

One thing i noticed, is that the Alaska like all playable surface ships have the "bismark" syndrome. If you can manualy gun good. You can with 3 or 4 well placed salvos remove the rudders.

In general someone should create a tutorial on how to use surface ships. And specificly on how to use the diffrent ships. Most allied CVA`s and BB`s are broadside duke them out ships. But especialy the Japanese CVA`s require some thought and werry strict ways of using them to avoid the "grand" explosion.

This battle against the Alaska could have ended werry fast. But because i know the Takao inside out i could manouver wisely and end up in a 100% torpedo solution. But to do that there is alot of rudder movement and tactical use of the guns. On the surface there is no where to hide, its all about how you use the tool provided. I did the same test using the Furutake class. I didnt even get within 8000m before i blew up.

my basic rules

1. Never end up broadside to broadside
2. Always keep all guns on target using angle(remember rule 1). (im using the UZO for this, cant wait for my firecontrol to get done)
3. Stay at range. 8500-10.000
4. Remember to use Torpedoes
5. 65% hull damedge are the limit. Need to have something left for the return trip

Happy hunting

IJN rules, but peabody makes it float!

"TAKAO" Status: work in progress

Last edited by TBear; 03-05-12 at 07:21 AM.
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote