View Single Post
Old 09-24-10, 06:57 PM   #199
Kafka BC
Planesman

Downloads: 163
Uploads: 0

Just been reading through this thread and all I can say is By Gosh, this is absolutely great work. A big thumbs up to you h.sie.

I only wish I could try it, the UBI endorsed Starforce crack is the reason I finally installed the game after it sat on my shelf for four years, but I am not about to go out and buy a Starforce free one, even if I could find it.

I agree a bit with Verte about the legalistic paranoia.

As an example: the Master of Orion 3 executable was so riddled with gameplay bugs that someone named Bhruic (a god in many peoples eyes) made a patcher program and a large number of small patches over the years to fix nearly all of them. Someone else named Gerra made a number of various enhancement patches for the executable.

All of these patches work on both the stock and No-CD cracked executables - which was fortunate, since applying the final "official" patch to the game would sometimes cause it to not recognize the game CD, thus forcing people to use a cracked version.

Various versions of patched executables are distributed with the four flavors of "Unofficial Patches" - Vanilla, Strawberry, Tropical, and Chocolate - on the Atari forums with nary a peep from Atari.

So I think you have a little wiggle room.

Kafka BC
And make a Northwest Passage to the sea.

- Stan Rogers (1949-1983)

Last edited by Kafka BC; 09-24-10 at 07:08 PM.
Kafka BC is offline   Reply With Quote