View Single Post
Old 07-13-17, 08:43 AM   #4983
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post

Hmmmmm.....I may have to look at that green light from a plane detection!! It's possible if the parameters aren't set to exclude objects above the waterline.

As far as still getting a green detection light from a sunk ship.....I'm wondering if the ship actually was sunk? I mean, was it still "floating" on the surface, giving a detection green light, while it shown a sunk ship icon on the Nav map? That can happen.....I've seen that before. I'll have to check if the green light will show on just such a situation?

I'm not sure if we can do anything about it though. If the game reports a ship sunk, yet it doesn't go below the waves, I'm not sure if we can do anything about it?
I recently had a green light from a passing plane, one that was close enough I could actually hear its noise. Don't remember my depth, but with sufficient warning, I usually drop to 150' to avoid being seen in clear water.

And I often get the green light on a previously sunk ship that is reasonably close to my current location, and I assure you they were not still on the surface. This has been in the game all along, and for certain in TMO and FOTARS.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote