View Single Post
Old 07-09-08, 06:49 AM   #20
Robsoie
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frame57
Hi Rob, you brought up an Interesting point. The difficulty stars i knoe obviously mean the level of difficulty. But do you know if they do or do not affect certain things in the game. For awhile I thought that maybe it either increased or decreased sensor and weapons abilities. Not sure of it but would like to hear what you thibnk about it> Thanks
Good point,

I can't say for sure the stars have no impact on AI ranges, detections, accuracy etc... But from all my mission editor quick skirmishes i built to learn the simulation mechanics, i noticed that even changing the amount of start from 1 to 3 and vice-versa when saving the missions never seemed to give an advantage or disadvantage of any kind to the AI.

I was able to be targeted by enemy and target them myself at 1 star or 3 stars the same. So i assumed setting the amount of star is just an indication you give to the player on how the mission will be difficult.

If anyone can confirm that stars are just an indication for the player, or instead of that will have a real impact on the AI values, it would be very nice.
Robsoie is offline   Reply With Quote