View Single Post
Old 04-08-12, 03:57 AM   #16
11Bravo
Medic

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

The first time I tried to create this mod, I ran out of time and energy before I completed it. I left SH3 and then the files were lost. I had something to contribute to the community but I waited until it was perfect and ended up contributing nothing. This time I will show my work as it is performed so the successes and failures have some value to those interested. Feel free to use my work in your own mods.

I have a link in my signature to the files I am using. All of the mini mods will come with instructions for how I did my modding. I used GWX for the first voyage but might use a different GUI for one of the next voyages.

Here is what is available for download now. All JSGME compatible and documented. If you want to know how I did something, ask me and I will update the documentation.

Utility/Testing Mini Mods
11Bravo - Blank Campaign {Empty campaign files for fast loading during testing}
11Bravo - No Movies {Empty movie folders for fast loading during testing}
11Bravo - Navigation Missions {Pre-War missions used to understand the SH3 world, time, and sky models}

The first voyage was to understand how SH3 handles latitude, longitude, time, time zones. So the important mini mods are the chart and the clock.

Navigation Mini Mods
11Bravo - Nautical Chart {replaces your Map1 and Map2 files to give you accurate latitudes, longitudes, and nautical time zone lines }
11Bravo - Nautical Clock {modifies the xx_menu.txt file}

The megamods make heavy use of a few core files. Any small mod that comes along must learn to coexist. The two most common files are the menu_1024_768.ini and the xx_menu.txt. So here is the documentation for the Nautical Clock mod that allows you to manually mod your custom installation.

Code:
Modifies:

\data\Menu\en_menu.txt (existing file)

The xx_menu.txt files are often changed by the supermods.  It would be best to manually edit the xx_menu.txt file of the supermod of your choice.
Comment out entry 2703, and replace as shown below.

2703=|T: HHMM  TZ: HH-%02d  GMT: T+TZ|
;2703=|Local time: %02d:%02d
"Sounds of terror are in his ears; While at peace the destroyer comes upon him." -- Job 15:21
11Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote