Old 08-17-13, 03:40 PM   #214
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
See that all ways kind of irritates me when people say that about the AK-47
we are not talking a smooth bore musket ball good luck at anything past 50 ft here.The difference is not that vast.If you have trouble hitting targets within the typical combat ranges with an AK-47 you are the problem not the rifle.

The supposedly inaccurate aK-47 sure has done a hell of a lot of damage and put a lot of people six feet under.

If you have good marksmanship you'll still score effective hits.And lets be honest here for any standard issue rifle 300m is your realistic combat effective range I do not care if it shots 5.56 or 30-06.This fact has been proven since WWI.

That's one thing that irritates me too. The AK is accurate...just look at the fighting style of the Taliban.

Volume of random fire supported by RPG's.

I'm sure the Russians are crack shots with the AK series. The AK just gets the "inaccurate" reputation because of the fighting styles it's being associated with.

The Taliban (I'm going off of what I've read in several memoirs) don't take aimed shots. They have guys just fire away in the direction of the enemy in numbers. They support by using aimed RPG's.

Russian troops probably at least take aim before they shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So have rocks and arrows. The fact remains that AK's are significantly less accurate than the M16/M4. they are heavier and they have significant differences in specifications depending on who makes it whereas AR parts are pretty much universal.

This is not to say that AK is useless but given my choice between the two the M16/M4 i'll pick the latter every time.
Yes...the M16 and M4 are more accurate...but the AK is not completely inaccurate.

Personal preference? I'd take an M4 SOPMOD or Mk 14 Mod 0