View Single Post
Old 03-30-10, 08:31 AM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You refer to that ugly event one year earlier, also taking place in autumn then, when some people took it upon them to feel snapped that my review draft of Steel Fury was not matching their sympathy for the game back then. But that was a complete different thing, taking place in three different forums. Back then I already was close to quit here, but Neal talked me out of it, somewhat. I have flown over that draft again three or four months ago, when deciding to quit here - and I still stick with every single wordI wrote, and also with my two-split score (good action game, sub-mediocre simulation). And as we know today, soon after that row a big, big silence fell over Steel Fury. Last time I checked for it, it was hard to see any activity centred on it, it was only minor, comparing to the standards with other releases. I take that as a late verification of my assessments back then. The longevity of Steel Fury was not that long at all. It is even difficult to get it anymore in Germany, there was no re-release or second edition.

But this autumn, neither SF nor Neal nor tanksim-forum had anything to do with it, it was not about SF, but about SBP, a stab coming from a most unexpected direction. I want to leave it to that.

I just want to make clear that both episodes are two totally different episodes indeed.

P.S.
Battle of Britain II
Conquest of the Aegean
Flight Simulator 9

And with this, I think, this thread has been hijacked long enough.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-30-10 at 10:34 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote