View Single Post
Old 02-18-18, 09:26 AM   #54
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

It is the culture, which is good or bad for whatever society it permeates. Culture is very hard to change, especially with the expansive social media, or connectivity, that has come along. But, even that has good attributes in comparison to what has occurred.

It starts with the base of a person's development and continues from there. Family values, community values, and on up to the social fabric of the overall society.

I guess I can speak of values, but I should listen, too. Looking, understanding, and implementing such values is a slow and difficult change to the society. But, it is important for any society to adjust itself in light of the myriad of challenges to what it feels are the best cultural values.

It is akin to parenting only on a grand and inclusive scale. Each adult, exemplifying strong values for society's good. I used to hear about the "Golden Rule", and maybe I am out of touch or too cynical to see it all around me, but I have not heard it mentioned in a long time.

I accept that my parents did the best that they could with what they had. I think I should do the same. I have to learn, understand, and demonstrate the values that I want my, now grandkids, to see and learn from.

As to the event(s) being discussed, I understand the challenges of the school and the FBI. The parenting part, I have not read enough about in the news press. I think that should be talked about more.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote