View Single Post
Old 05-18-18, 08:10 AM   #58
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post

What I heard about Misery is that you have to spend a long long time earning and gathering resources before you can get on with the adventures, so I take your point entirely about that gun and making it good...
This is true, yes. The hobo phase lasts far longer in Misery than in any vanilla Stalker title. For me, that's a big part of what makes it so appealing.

Quote:
I actually enjoy ensuring that all my equipment and clothing/armour is A1, with as much medikit, ammo and grenades as I can carry... so I think this will suit my patient, thorough nature
Sounds as though we are cut from the same cloth, and you sound like the right sort of player for Misery. You may not like it I suppose, but if you like to obsessively manage and care for your kit then Misery will certainly scratch that itch.

A patient player will have a big advantage with this mod. If you are not in a hurry you will enjoy it more, will die less. I've spent hours sitting in my 'hide' and sniping hapless bandits that come within range.

It's an awesome experience for Stalker players who love the games, but wish it were all more gritty, bleak and survivalistic.