View Single Post
Old 09-18-17, 07:36 PM   #10
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

I wonder if this warning is for the installer, not Ccleaner itself. For first time users they need to install it which requires an installer.

Maybe for those of us who do updates there is no worry...

I'm pretty cautious too and do regular scans, so far I have been clean.

Now I'm reading that it was in an update, you're right, reports are all over the place.

Anyway, nothing detected yet. Probably need to wait until the dust settles before there is a consistent story and the facts are known.
-
From: https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=48869
Quote:
We recently determined that older versions of our Piriform CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191 had been compromised. We resolved this quickly and believe no harm was done to any of our users. This compromise only affected customers with the 32-bit version of the v5.33.6162 of CCleaner and the v1.07.3191 of CCleaner Cloud. No other Piriform or CCleaner products were affected. We encourage all users of the 32-bit version of CCleaner v5.33.6162 to download v5.34 here: download. We apologize and are taking extra measures to ensure this does not happen again.

Issue Summary: Our new parent company, the security company Avast, determined on the 12th of September that the 32-bit version of our CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191 products, which may have been used by up to 3% of our users, had been compromised in a sophisticated manner. Piriform CCleaner v5.33.6162 was released on the 15th of August, and a regularly scheduled update to CCleaner, without compromised code, was released on the 12th of September .....

Last edited by aanker; 09-18-17 at 08:03 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote