View Single Post
Old 03-22-06, 06:26 AM   #2
TteFAboB
Admiral

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Re: I've missed you, Skybird! :) (re: DW and SA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Star
My experience to DW is exactly the opposite of what a lot of people will find for SB: I bought DW expecting a high-fidelity simulator, instead, I found a relatively shallow game. Esim are worried that people will be looking for a game, and instead get a high-fi sim.
Well, that's definitely the first time I've heard that.
I'd like to add something else.

Some time ago I've said that SBP was like DW, but better.

I WAS MASSACRATED FOR THAT (exaggerating), and had to go philosophical, ending with a bizzare phrase, something like: SBP is like DW's whatever but better on whatever to appease the lions, I also had to praise the qualities of DW. You know, if I can see the qualities of SBP, I don't know why anyone thought I would be blind towards DW, I'm a gamer, I look at entertaining games to play, I'm not, wasn't and never would be on some sort of Anti-DW Jihad. I don't need that, I don't need others praising the game I play to feel good about it and forgive its flaws or short-comings. I'm gratefull for that anyway, because my initial phrase was generic and relative, and I don't like generic, relative junk, I leave that for the politically correct, globalitarian/internationalist crowd, that's something very good in the German language, there are so many words structured to mean exactly what you want to say, that you can't go wrong, or you can just pile two words together and might get away with it. However, my initial phrase was a joke, it should've been taken lightly. It seems the European football games contaminated the minds of our fellow Europeans, any chant must be an insult, like in the Stadiums.

Well, this isn't a soccer stadium, and I wasn't chanting anything criminal. But if I don't have the right to prefer SBP over DW, that's fine, I'll play whatever you guys want, I'll play ONLY what you guys want, if I can't follow my taste, follow what I'm looking for at a moment (for my taste in games vary, I don't play the same game for months on end, only to come back to it later on), I won't, I'll play only what you guys recommend. I'll give up my critical sense, I'll give up my false sense of free will and submit to your guidance. Allah Ackbar! I'm ready to be converted, I no longer have an opinion, or a will, or think for myself, I leave it all in the hands of subsimmers.

Neal Ackbar! After all, he's the creator.

Now I'll just sit here and watch the silence that follows Jamie's message, proving all that disliked my preference for SBP over DW were a hypocritical bunch.

Come out, DW-fanatics, wherever you are, and attack 3star and Skybird, unleash your shadowy tentacles against them, make no prisioners, I'm feeling lonely at my SBP-preference limbo. Make me feel guilty of even buying this sim, and I promise I'll play DW 24/7 for the rest of my life.