View Single Post
Old 09-16-17, 09:18 AM   #1
Akotalaya
Sparky

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0
Default confused on detection

cold waters confuses me, im playing the free roam campaign with the 688, first patrol, i head out and intercept 3 subs, identify them and proceed to ready myself to attack, i approach them at the max possible distance, immediatly set myself to run silent, i basically crawl, ive got a small overall signature because im pointing myself right at them, running silent seemed to have worked well in sh5 when i would try to escape enemy destroyers yet in this game, it seems running silent litterally does nothing at all..they still detect me even though i dont feel as if they should really know im there..im so confused as to how easily detected my los angeles is and how hard it is at times for me to detect a russian sub...as well as how good their torps are at locking onto me, ive been chased and chased throwing decoys and making hard random manuvers like mad and they always seem to find me no issue, in this instance i launched a decoy 45 degrees port side, dove a few hundred feet and they took the bait, i thought i was in the clear but i guess not, because one of the torps following the decoy decided it was gonna come after me...while im running deep and quiet...like...ive seen the detection arcs on the torps...im well out of its active sonar range...yet i keep hearing the pings get louder and louder and at 1200 feet deep, it picks me up and heads down to me from around 50-100 feet deep...i cant escape it and am sunk with what i feel is a bit of an unrealistic detection, sure the game is still pretty early on but..come on...this seems a bit excessive, im playing on casual as well, but when i hear a torp has been launched i know it isnt going to end well...every time they launch, i feel like im in the middle of a bee hive and no matter how much bug spray i use, they keep on coming..its just really really strange at how torps work considering when i played silent hunter destroyers could lose me if i ran silent and went deep and on another game similar to cold waters...cant remember the name, also cold war era, fairly old..as long as i didnt make any noise such as cavitation or give them a way to detect me such as surfacing, i could come pretty close to a target and get nothing from them..but i feel as if though im as noisy as a surface ship here..am i doing something wrong?
Akotalaya is offline   Reply With Quote