View Single Post
Old 04-18-14, 09:13 PM   #7
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
sO!! WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE FOR US PC PLAYERS....YEARS AGO, THERE WERE ALL KINDS OF GAMES FOR PC'S. NOW IT'S ALL MOBILE, CARRY AROUND PLAYERS.
I'M A NAVAL ENTHUSIAST ALL THESE YEARS. LOOK FORWARD TO PLAYING THESE GAMES. NOW WE'RE BEING BRUSHED AWAY TO A MORE MONEY MAKING SCHEME RATHER THAN FOR ENTERTAINMENT.
It's a game that's designed specifically with tablets/phones in mind for interface and gameplay. I don't think it'd be a particularly great game on the PC - it's designed to be relatively simple and fun for short sessions, not for long immersive play that you'd expect on the PC. I think it's much better where it is - no reason to invite comparisons that wouldn't be in its favour. It's the same as trying to take a board game or a card game and put it on the PC - it might be a lot of fun at the table with friends, but not so much on the PC, where you'd probably expect more of a simulation and complain that it doesn't compare well to what you know.

And money-wise, hardly a big scheme where it costs pennies compared to either PC or board games.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote