View Single Post
Old 11-04-13, 05:31 PM   #59
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

I don't think it's a good move to add to all ships just now ... I'm confident we can't control the range at which the ships will try to launch, other than by reducing the ships detection ranges to the range at which we want them to launch torpedoes - which has all sorts of other gameplay consequences.

Jhapprich - you're correct - my memory is returning ... acustic homing can't be added to torps (hardcoded torpedo types) .. in the same we we can't add to the list of torpedoes, just eplace existing.... and if I rememebr correctly, when I tried to make the launcher use an existing acustic torpedo ... it caused CTD, but I can't remember for sure.

For me the key issue which persists is restricing the range at which Ai attempts to launch for ships. For Ai subs I have no qualms about setting their AI visual sensor to very short range ... and if you happen to cross their path within that range, they will fire on you / your convoy or whatever... but for ships, I think we still want ships to retain realistic detection ranges, but only fire torps at appropriate ranges ... and that's what I can't yet fix.
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote