View Single Post
Old 10-06-18, 03:25 AM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
SDK - software development kit - source code of the program GR2EditorViewer.
Okay, if you are talking about the source code of GR2 Editor/Viewer, I am afraid only TDW can provide it, and unfortunately he has not been around for a long time. Nonetheless, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, another veteran forum member, Jeff Groves, might have some pieces of information for you. IIRC, TDW's work on his editor started with an exchange of information between him and Jeff.

Quote:
if you about gr2-viewer of radgame – I have this thing in bulk too:

8.2.33.0 is the version that I am talking about. Apparently, it has some "weak spots" that TDW was able to exploit for understading better the (then) new and still undisclosed 3D format.

Quote:
"NF_Boat_1" (added on Roster in The Wolves of Steel) I gave for example only. Gap, you personally can easily check this guess on this sh5unit even without going into the shaders - GR2EditorViewer-> Export obj-> in 3DsMax or other 3deditor - simply increase the model by x2 (enough) or more times -> GR2EditorViewer -> Import mesh back to GR2 and dynamic shadows appear on “NF_Boat_1”:

Okay, since it is obviously that you have already confirmed your guess, I think there's no need for me to do the same.

My suggestion to look into the game shaders was more about the "why" size matters for shadow calculations rather than "if" it does or not
gap is offline   Reply With Quote