View Single Post
Old 10-05-18, 11:24 AM   #4
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
Hi, Gap. Thank yuo. No I do not want to. I have an entire carriage of these versions. I have been collecting material for a long time, unless ... not have SDK GR2EditorViewer from TDW?
I don't know what do you mean by SDK in this particular case, but I can share the version of granny viewer that TDW and Jeff (Grove aka privateer) used for hacking many secrets of the GR2 format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
It seems I understood: large objects up to a certain size have shadows, while small objects, such as "NF_Boat_1" and less, lose them. Perhaps for this reason, NF_Boat_1 is not included in the "Roster" of the stock game (although his model remained at "Sea" folder), the developers also did not add a "torpedo boat" to the game, there are no more shadows on "CMD_small_boat". Obviously, these are the settings for the game renderer for units, size does matter.)
I don't know what is the problem with that boat, but in the past I have imported some custom units in game (as granny objects), and they do cast shadows. IIRC, unlike water reflections which require a secondary model, shadows are calculated based on 3d mesh is used. Your guess that unit size matters for shadow calculations could be correct, but the only way we can investigate on it is by looking in the game shaders
gap is offline   Reply With Quote