View Single Post
Old 12-28-09, 08:40 PM   #22
Subsim modder 32
Watch

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 1
Hi all,

I have a problem with my normal maps. If i activate the map in the .upcge file I can see the bump maps in the game, but if i do so the reflections from the specular map became visible on the wrong side of the model (instead of the area, where the sun shines on they are on the shadowed side of the hull). If I delete the N01 file everything is ok.
I have made more tests, and imported an original normal file: NSampan01_N01.dds. If I use this file everythings seems to be ok. As next step I tried to save the NSampan01_N01.dds with the nvidia photoshop plugin with the settings described in the bump map tutorial from danlisa (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...light=tutorial) --> 8.8.8 RGB (I did so before with my own normal map.)
Then I have recognized that the new NSampan01_N01.dds file is much bigger, then the old one and the colors and contours of the new file has also changed a little bit. So I tested several settings in the photoshop plugin but I couldn't save the original file without changing the content of the file.

Could anybody help me?
Subsim modder 32 is offline   Reply With Quote