View Single Post
Old 12-02-09, 11:39 AM   #214
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Thanks Makman. The recognition manual problem is hardcoded. You'll see the exact same behavior if you go to the Obs Scope or UZO and press on the "SHIP:" label in the notepad. The first time you click it, it works, after that it just shows the small scale and it doesn't go away unless you open up the manual by hand and close it again. For example, for me, the scale under the ships has never been in the right position. I had already explained this small quirk in the small guide. Unfortunately, since I had based and tested the AOB inner circle from my readings on the Bismarck, you can guess what it did to the precision .
my thought is that the u-jagd rings are well made as it was in original images ( a very tiny misallinged marks there when turn the inner ring 180 degrees but really this is not big deal)
what is needed ,imo, is to find a ship with correct dimensions and see if the original rings works (without changes at the rings set)
if there is not even one ship with correct dimensions then you will have to find the correct dimensions for one ship
i can find the real mast for the bismarck if you like and then use this ship as a guide for the rings (although ...i believe that the rings are ok with its original set)
the problem with the sh4 is that i cannot import the malloys ruler in the game in order to be able to get the EXACT distances on map ( i used some 'time eaters' tricks to confirm the true speed of Bismarck in the mission i created to use for finding its true length ) (becuase ,sometimes , you set the speed- in ME - at 6 knots BUT ,for some reason that only the sh's cursed engine knows,the ship is not doing EXACTLY 6 knots ingame!)
but i can do it (i think ) to get its real mast ...have to try it
do you want me to ...proceed ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 12-02-09 at 11:56 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote