View Single Post
Old 10-31-11, 06:27 PM   #2508
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Hi Rubini,

thanks for your kind words. To answer your questions:

1) This mod wasn't intended to be easy! For real kaleuns, shadowing a convoy surely also wasn't easy. With Stieblers contact fix, shadowing now isn't that hard anymore, at least in a 16km environment. Surely you'll get some more experience by playing and shadowing. Or, use the "Less contact reports" option. Makes things much easier. Or, what about trying a 16km environment? On the other hand: If you had 2 wolfpack attacks in 2 missions, it seems to me that the Mod isn't hard enough.

2) You are wrong. Only for Time between messages > 3h you get a penalty (chance rises that wolfs won't assemble).

An attack in the morning is possible but not likely. Example: BDU decides to allow to attack at 5:30 (still dark), but attack itself occurs some time later, in the meantime sun rises. Would take some effort to prevent this. I decided not to do that. So we also have some attacks in the morning.

3) If you lost a contact, you can re-establish it, even after 6 hours. No problem. But chance rises, that it's too late for the wolfs to assemble. Depends on the time between your messages (and the random numbers chosen for that decision).

If you are once ordered to attack alone, then this situation will stay constant for some days.

4) Course and speed are not always needed by the BDU. But since you don't know when it's needed and when not, you should always send an estimation, at least of the course. Speed isn't that important, just set it to 4 - 8 knots for a standard convoy.

5) Documentation about that can be found in the 1st post of this thread.

6) This isn't a fixed time. According to my observations between 1/2 and 2 hours. Wolfpack attacks were not perfectly coordinated.

7) External camera not supported. The AI-Subs are not intended to be realistic. ONLY the damage done to the convoy was intended to be halfway realistic. If I make the AI-Subs weaker, they won't cause that amount of damage to the convoy. I like it as it is, but feel free to reduce the hitpoints and armor level in the .zon files of the AI-Subs. If one Wolf sinks, that does not affect anything important in the future.

8) There are more than 2 attacks possible per patrol.

9) I have no other idea than the following: Play with NO_FATIGUE. (Or, maybe, modify your fatigue model so that your crew doesn't starve during a chase).

Greetings,
H.Sie

Last edited by h.sie; 11-01-11 at 06:14 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote