View Single Post
Old 08-30-18, 09:39 AM   #6
EvidencePlz
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I am not sure I am ready for these types of VR games. Especially the ones where you walk around.

This will require quite the change in gaming room paradigms. It might be a hard sell to CinCHome that I need an empty room for my gaming. We are not exactly blessed with a lot of empty rooms that can be dedicated to gaming.

Since my dogs sleep next to me while I am gaming, a walking VR game might result in stepped on tails.

It was quite amusing watching people who evidently had never played any type of SubSim playing this. What is learned second nature to us here, is evidently not self-evident to brand new players.

One thing I thought was especially disturbing was the graphic of being trapped in a compartment and seeing the water level rise. Yikes, the things nightmares are made of.

One thing I did not understand: Is there no way to compensate for the height of the player? I am sure I was not the only one cringing when a person wearing a VT headset stood on a wheeled office chair. What could possibly go wrong.

But, are shorter players really at that much of a disadvantage in VR games and there is no way to compensate??
hi,

teleport and smooth locomotion options have now been added

therefore you no longer have to actually walk if you dont want to.

as for height, that's a very easy fix. you just need to install the app called Openvr Advanced Settings https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings and put your desired height in it.

More information from the devs:

"Hey guys, we’re moving the night missions and varied weather update into the main branch, thanks to everyone who tested the beta. Next up we’re going to be starting work on the Open World with a world map being the initial focus.

Changes from the beta version:

Improved enemy projectile tracers
Improved enemy AI buoyancy physics

Changelog from beta:

New content
Added a new random mission at night
Decreased submarine signature size at night
Enemies will fire flares to try and locate the submarine at night
Added chance of rain
Improved the offshore platform model and textures

Quality of life changes
Added a new ‘fixed mode’ toggle switch to the periscope so people with limited space or tethering issues do not need to walk around as the periscope rotates
Added smooth locomotion option in addition to dash locomotion
Added smooth locomotion speed control
Added translate options relative to head direction or hand direction
Option to hide hand when interacting with controls.
Increased resolution of periscope view"

https://steamcommunity.com/games/552...45621954501097

Last edited by EvidencePlz; 08-30-18 at 11:26 AM.
EvidencePlz is offline   Reply With Quote