View Single Post
Old 05-26-16, 09:39 AM   #20
celeronpm
Dev: Crush Depth Studios

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

I am also ensuring the engine / motor rpms match the proper one per spec given the requested Telegraph speed when the ai is doing the work. Same goes for the propellers, they dynamic thrust in the water will achieve the realistic speed given the rpm. Finally, the diesels were so robust they could run with one piston removed (the rod and piston could just be removed). You'd loose 200hp but the diesel would still turn. I am going to simulate this in the damage model so you can still limp along even in dire circumstances.

Also, the electric motors can be run in serial or parallel mode, and the batteries can be configured in serial and parallel as well. The electric motors were made of two units a piece, so if one was broken, you can run the unit in parallel configuration and still get 50% power. These boats were pretty damn resilient and I want the propulsion system to realistically mimic that fact.

So, you could run one side on a broken diesel with a piston missing and the other on a half limping electric motor. Hope this makes it really challenging and fun for those looking for that depth.

These aspects are almost fully complete, I will post another blog entry with a video in a day or two when it's ready for testing.

The UI panel has received a little polish. The look/feel is more a blueprint style now, which I think should work well going forward.

Last edited by celeronpm; 05-26-16 at 09:55 AM.
celeronpm is offline   Reply With Quote