Thread: Release Q4 2018
View Single Post
Old 09-27-18, 08:28 AM   #11
Ernstww
Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I have re-mapped keyboard games onto an xbox controller with a keyboard emulator. MMO games filled with macros and WASD intensive games seem to work well with movement remapped to the joystick. Games with Quick Time events benefit from being able to mash a programmed Turbo button. I usually prefer my emulator setup to native controller support as its more flexible. The mouse is still a part of the setup as I find controller mousing a pain.

this is kind of the opposite of eliminating the PC and rather adds a layer of maintenance - LOL.

For something like a subsim with dozens of shortcut keys and where WASD movement is not critical and everything is mouse dependent, I wouldn't do it. Although you can have the best of both worlds, some games have a single activity that lends itself to controller action. You could program it for that event and leave it next to the keyboard. I find Navel Action is a game like that (Lots of WASD) as it The Lond Dark (WASD and Quick Time events).

Last edited by Ernstww; 09-27-18 at 08:43 AM.
Ernstww is offline   Reply With Quote