View Single Post
Old 01-09-14, 04:02 AM   #124
radcapricorn
Helmsman

Downloads: 181
Uploads: 0

Method 1:

Rename/remove/replace with transparent tga two files data/menu/lenses/{per,obs}_filter.tga. EDIT: come to think of it, removing the files may have adverse effects. I can't test it right now, but on a hindsight this may make your periscope view rather unusable, so it'd be better to either replace them with some fully transparent image, or just use the next method.

Method 2:

Open data/menu/menu_1024_768.ini in your preferred text editor and do a search for per_filter.tga. You should find something like this:

Code:
[G26 I177]
Name=Karamazov's Filter
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x0x26123461
ParentID=0x26000000
Pos=0,768,1024,768
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/Lenses/per_filter.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x21
TexFmt=0x9
In my stored copy of ACM Reloaded it's item [G26 I177]. I don't know if my version is the same as yours, so item number may be different. In any case, in that item, there's an entry Color=0xFFFFFFFF. Change it to Color=0xFFFFFF00. That'll make the item fully transparent
Repeat for obs_filter.tga (for me it's item [G2B I118]).

Regardless of the method you choose, I'd advise you to do it on the mod side: either uninstall ACM Reloaded, do the changes to the mod itself and then install it again, or just make another mod. This way you won't have to repeat the steps whenever you uninstall/reinstall/change your mods.

To make a mod that just removes the two files, create a folder in your MODS folder, say 'MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters'. Inside that folder, create path data/menu/lenses. In that lenses folder, create two empty files, call them per_filter.tga-remove and obs_filter.tga-remove (make sure your extensions are correct). So it'll look something like this:

Code:
MODS
  ACM Reloaded Remove Filters
    data
      menu
        lenses
          per_filter.tga-remove
          obs_filter.tga-remove
Similarly you can make the mod that alters the menu_1024_786.ini file, only instead of making '-remove' files you'd just place your edited menu_1024_768.ini into MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters/data/menu folder.

That's about it. Installing this mod any time after ACM Reloaded will make those filters go away.

Happy hunting

Last edited by radcapricorn; 01-09-14 at 04:43 AM.
radcapricorn is offline   Reply With Quote