View Single Post
Old 06-23-17, 09:12 PM   #48
Drakomis
Narwhaling the highways..

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Like:
1). I really love the visuals. I think this has been said plenty of times on here, but the visuals really make the feel of the game.
2). The unknown. Like, when I was playing Silent Hunter III, it actually felt like a WWII simulation. It had its kinks, sure, but it also felt primitive and alive. Cold Waters does the same, except you >feel< the advancement in technology, you >feel< how you utilize it.
3). The hard hunts. I tell you, I can't tell you often enough how much I missed a target because I became impatient! I had to realize I had a crew in this game, and I had to help >them< do their jobs too!
4). Ease of use. That's right, it feels easy, and that's not a bad thing! It's a probable WWIII simulation, and with it you have two eras. In both you should be able to feel how easier it is to use torps that track on their own, and harpoon missiles that fire at ships. At the same time, you should be able to feel the difficultly of it!

Dislike:
1). It does get too easy sometimes, I think. Then again, you get an ASW craft up above tracking you and you feel the troll face from the developer. So it evens out.
2). A lot of my dislikes were resolved with the recent patch, so like with the game before forcing you to continue despite damage, now it encourages and even orders you to get repairs. That said, it still doesn't account for the time spent going BACK INTO YOUR AREA OF OPS so when you get there you usually fail.
3). It doesn't have a free campaign mode. I really would like that, where it's just slugging it out.
4). THE INTRO TO EACH CAMPAIGN. MAKE IT STOP. I love Ronald Regan like the next red-blooded American, but goodness gracious!