View Single Post
Old 08-06-10, 09:54 PM   #18
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default tank sims

Thanks Skybird for the correction. For some reason I thought SB had been susidised by some government or institution.Then all the more merit for the developers since they worked without major financial patron.

Re the tank sim market I got the info that the " realistic" tank sim( the real ones as I am excluding the arcade tank games which are fairly more popular sales-wise than the realistic ones) from a 2008 article on SimHQ which said that the market was very small and that explained why so few titles actually came out every year on the market.However there´s a very fervent hard-core group of tank sim lovers( I include myself) which boils up with hope everytime a new tank sim comes out. I agree with you that´s there defintely ground for improvement .Graviteam is releasing 2 new titles; a post WW2 tank sim called Steel Armour, Blaze of War featuring the T62 and M60 ( and possibly other tanks like the Chieftain, T55) with missions to be played on 60 sq km maps in various war theatres like Angola, Iran-Iraq and Afghanistan and a WW2 one next year based on the last battle for Kharkov in August 1943 using their very successful Achtung Panzer Roads to Kharkov RTS game engine as a basis.They are promosing a focus on strategy and tactics with airstrikes, artillery, the ability to dig trenches, infantry assaults and improved AI . We´ll see if their labour will live up to the expectations.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote